Thursday, January 24, 2008

Consequences Of Hydroelectric Power

What are the good and bad consequences of hydroelectric power? You know what a dam is. What happens because of one?

What are the problems of a dam? For one thing, many fish are killed trying to get through the turbines and going through the turbines makes the water very hot. With the dam being there, areas beyond the dam have very low water supply and behind the dam they’re often floods.
According to the world they’re many different consequences. Some like there is no pollution, water is renewable however the water of a dam rises or lowers at unexpected times.


A bit of information on the history of water power…
The biggest water power dam is 400 meters from the Niagara Falls
The first power plant was made in 1882. .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2008 at 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked the way you asked many questions that got me curious, and I also liked the way you gave interesting facts at the end. I agree to the question "what are the problems of a dam?" I fell really bad to hear that fish are dieing while trying to go through the turbines it makes me remember last years exibition on endangered animals.
-mehernaz

 
At January 14, 2010 at 7:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi thisis a cool thing im doing a projet on water power(hydroelectricity) and you gave me almost half of my project

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home